Do you have any intentions of studying in Canada? Do you know the basic requirements to study in Canada? For you to secure admission in a Canadian tertiary educational institution there are certain requirement applicants will have to meet, be it undergraduate or postgraduate program.
This article is to help make the process a bit easier. You ought to consult the university or college at which you are applying because the admission process may be a bit different from what you are used to.
Admission Requirements To Study In Canada For International Students
Follow the steps below to get started:
1. Understand the requirements to study in Canada
Successfully applying to Canadian education institution requires a comprehension of various requirements for schools and the courses they offer.
Applicants additionally need to conduct a cautious investigation of the rules and guidelines applicable to the study permit application process. Only recognized schools and period of affirmed study will be important.
However, you should begin making arrangements for your Canadian study permit at least a year ahead of time. Normal requirements for all colleges and establishments include an updated passport, capability in either English or French alongside the verification of finishing prescribed language tests with least grades/bands, and confirmation that you can finance your study and the typical cost of living in the nation.
Obviously, requirements may differ between regions, which is the reason this step must be performed in a cautious and efficient way.
2. Pick a Program And Institution
You have to start by choosing a degree program that suits you. All degree Program in Canada is taught in English. You also need to make a choice of an institution; you can research about Canadians university/colleges and the programs they offer. It is very necessary you research the institutions you are considering, the communities they are in, the tuition fee and others so as to make the best decisions.
3. Prepare The Documents And Submit Your Application:
The next step is to visit your preferred institution websites and find the admission requirement. You should know that admission requirement varies across institutions, you should always consider the following:
- Are you eligible?
- What document will be needed?
- What are the application processes to study in Canada?
- When is the application deadline? Applications forms are always available through certain institution websites and most times require an application fee to be paid. Fill the application form, after you have completed the form, attach the required documents or prepare to send them to the university.
- A complete application form.
- Secondary /high school transcript.
- English capability test result( if applicable)
- All post-secondary institution transcript (if any)
- Documentation confirming that high school was completed (only applicable if not indicated in the transcript).
- Birth Certificate.
4. Anticipate For Acceptance:
The result is often released by the end of spring. Most private institutions will usually ask you to pay the tuition fees for the first semester. You will be sent an official letter of acceptance, acceptance confirmation and other information required to study in Canada from your preferred institution
5. Apply For a Study Permit/Visa:
Study permit/visa is what will enable you to move to Canada to study, you must apply for a visa if you want to study in Canada for six months or more. You have to start the application process as soon as you receive your acceptance letter. This is because it can take up to two months or more and will require the necessary documentation. Applicants will not be allowed to move to Canada if they don’t have a proper visa.
You can apply online or probably submit an application to the Canadian officials responsible for the visa in your country. There are certain criteria that must be met before you will be issued a study permit/visa:
- Before you will receive the study permit, you must show proof of monetary funds to support your tuition fees and living expenses.
- A medical examination will be required of you to show that you are in good health.
- You will also be required to provide proof that you have a clean criminal record.
- You will be required to prove to the officials that your major reason for coming to Canada is to study and you will leave at the end of your studies unless you apply for and granted a permanent resident.
6. Move And Study in Canada:
After you have completed the steps above, you have to start looking for accommodation, know the cost of living and the budget that will suit you. Finally, it’s time to start your adventure in Canada. No matter where the institution is located and where you live in Canada, there is so much sight of attractions and fun places to visit.
What Happens After Your Studies are Completed?
Canada’s federal government turns international graduates as perfect new permanent residents.
They are young, know about the way of life, are proficient in languages, have Canadian qualifications and most times work experience.
After graduation, Canada’s Post-Graduation Work Permit permits students to start their career here.
Current changes to the Express Entry selection system have made it simpler for international students to progress to permanent residence.
There are likewise different provincial immigration streams pointed explicitly at international students.
These are the basic requirements to study in Canada; enjoy your stay in Canada…..