Do you have intentions to migrate and live in Australia? The Australia permanent resident visa can enable you to migrate and live in Australia.
What is Australia Permanent Residency?
This is a type of visa given to foreigners/ immigrants by the Australian immigration authority; the visa is issued to immigrants who meet the required criteria set by the Australian immigration authority. Immigrants who are issued the Australia PR (Permanent Residency) will benefit and will be entitled to all the rights given to an Australian citizen.
The immigration authority in Australia uses a point-based system that enables them to pick qualified applicants to be selected for Australia PR. There are two major streams under the point-based system in which applicants can migrate to Australia, they are:
- Skilled Immigration.
- Business Immigration.
There are other pathways to Australia PR that are not point-based, they include:
- Family Migration.
- Employer nominated scheme.
- Humanitarian Stream.
- Distinguished Talent.
- Regional Skilled Migration Scheme(RSMS).
The requirement to Apply For Australia Permanent Residency Visa
- Age: The age limit should be below 45 years.
- Skills: Skills are one of the greatest requirements for PR visa application. The Australia Immigration and Border Protection Department always releases updated skill sets.
- English Language Proficiency: English Language capability tests like IELTS, TOEFL IBT, etc should be taken.
- Academic Qualification: Your academic qualification matters and it should be accredited in Australia or abroad.
- Profession: Your profession will give your PR application an edge.
- Necessary Documents: You will be needing some documents before you begin your PR visa application, they include:
- Academic qualification documents.
- Employment papers.
- Skill assessment papers.
- Travel papers.
- English language capability test (IELTS) score.
Other requirements are a medical certificate to prove your health status; applicants must also express their interest to live, work and study in Australia. You must also show proof that you no criminal record.
Visa Categories In Australia To Apply For A PR
Skilled Migration Visas:
- Skilled Independent Migration: Subclass 189.
- Sponsored Migrations: State-Sponsored: Subclass 190.
- Skilled Regional Provisional: Subclass 489.
- Designated Area State-Sponsored.
- Designated Area Relative Sponsored.
Below are not points tested:
- Regional Sponsored: Subclass 187.
- Distinguished Talent: Subclass 124.
- Employer Nominated: Subclass 186.
- Skilled Regional Visa: Subclass 887.
Family Migration Visas
- Parent visas.
- Child visa.
- Partner visa.
- Adoption visa.
- Aged dependent relative visa.
- Carer visa.
- Orphan relative visa.
- Remaining relative visa.
Business Migration Visas
- Investment and Business innovation visa: subclass 188.
- Investor stream.
- Business innovation stream.
Below are not point tested :
- Business Innovation and investment: subclass 188.
- Entrepreneur stream.
- Business innovation stream.
- Premium investor stream.
Refugee And Humanitarian Migration Visas
- The woman at risk visa: subclass 204.
- Refugee visa: subclass 200.
- In-country special humanitarian visa: subclass 201.
- Emergency rescue visa: subclass 203.
- Global special humanitarian visa: subclass 202.
How long does it take to process immigration applications to Australia?
There is no specific time. The processing time varies on the type of visa you are going for. Australia PR takes a lot of time and it depends on the accessibility of space in that immigration category.
Elements that determine processing time:
- Complete documents submitted with a completed application form.
- Verification process with external organizations on your medical status, criminal records, character, and others.
- Verification time to process the details submitted by you.
- Immediate feedback to additional information requested by the immigration authority.
Benefits of Australia Permanent Residency
- You can reside in Australia for a lifetime.
- You can be granted Australian citizenship; your kids born in Australia will be granted Australian citizens by default.
- You will be entitled to health and legal services.
- Entitlement to free entry and exit of Australia.