Canada is one of the most peaceful countries in the world; the country provides a good life for citizens and immigrants. Canada has provided more than 248,000 jobs in 2019 so far and due to the reduced labor force and aging citizens, the country has decided to bring in refugees and immigrants to boost the country’s economy.
Canada is in short supply for laborers and immigrants are highly welcome and needed in the country. Over the last couple of years, the Canadian government has launched new programs to enable immigrants to hunt and secure jobs easily.
You don’t really need to secure a job before immigrating to Canada, but securing a job makes it easier because there are a lot of immigration options you can contemplate on. It has been made easier by the Canadian government for immigrants searching for jobs with these immigration programs below.
- Global Skills Strategy: This program was initiated in 2017 with the aim of making it simple for Canadian employers to employ skilled workers from around the world. Applicants applying for this program will be extremely happy because it has a 2 weeks application processing time. The program has been rated one the best due to the great success, it was made permanent in March 2019. It is seen as the most popular program for employers and immigrants.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot: This program was initiated in 2017 with the aim to bring skilled workers to the Atlantic Provinces. Kindly note that you must receive a valid job offer from a well-known employer. This program has provided over 3,700 job offers in 2019 so far, it was launched as a 3-year program but has been extended to 2021. Provinces included in this program are Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and PEI.
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program: This program was initiated earlier this year to entice immigrants to move to the rural areas. Only 11 communities were nominated for this program and they include :
- Thunder Bay
- North Bay
- Sault Ste. Marie
- Gretna-Rhineland –Altona-Plum Coulee.
- West Kootenay
Other communities are Moose Jaw in Saskatchewan and Claresholm in Alberta.
- Start-Up Visa Program: This program is made mainly for entrepreneurs and investors who wish to invest and can create job opportunities in Canada. Entrepreneurs who are qualified are given a start-up visa to live and start-up their business in Canada. The business must be approved by a well-recognized organization. The Start-Up Visa Program has attracted more than 650 entrepreneurs who have been granted permanent residents in Canada. This program was made permanent in 2018 because of its success.
Are you considering immigrating and working in Canada? These are immigration programs to guide you. Make sure you go through the immigration program requirements and pick the one that matches your qualifications and needs. One of these programs may be your opportunity to secure a job and getting a permanent residence in Canada.