Canada is a major destination for immigrants who are seeking a better life. Canada has more immigrants from the Asia Pacific region which makes the country more popular and known as the home of immigrants. The country is now home to from different ethnicity and diversified cultures.
There are a lot of reasons why immigrants choose Canada as a major destination
- It is one of the most peaceful countries on planet earth. The low crime rate is very low.
- It has a very robust economy, a growing economy that assures people of a good standard of living and financial growth.
- The country has one of the best educational systems in the world and the health care system is top-notch.
- The country is highly in demand for skilled workers to boost its robust economy and lots more.
Canada citizens enjoy lots of benefits, so which visa type can give you all the benefits like a Canadian citizen?
The Best Visa Type That Can Guaranty You Citizenship In Canada
To live and work in Canada, a permanent residency (PR) visa is the best visa type. PR is the visa category that can ensure your citizenship in the nation. Immigrating to Canada is not an easy task and getting citizenship is more difficult because the law states that a person needs to be residing in the country for a minimum of 6 years before applying for citizenship.
Application Process For PR
The Federal Express Entry System is the best pathway to apply for PR. It is made for skilled workers to secure a job in Canada. It is an online system of Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). You can create an EOI online profile and state your specific skills and qualification. You will be given points or scores based on your profile. The scores are being analyzed by the IRSS and people with top scores or ranks will be invited to apply directly for the Canadian PR visa.
If your point or score also known as the CRS score is low in the Express Entry (EE), you can as well apply in the Provincial Nominee Programs which also select applicants for Canadian PR and such selection can boost your point /score.
They are six important factors in which the IRSS analyzed scores or points.
- Education: You have to be a graduate to apply for PR under the Entry system. This factor comes with a maximum of 25 points.
- Age: More advantages are given to the applicant between the ages of 18-35. The point reduces as the age increases. This factor comes with a maximum of 12 points.
- Language Capability: Your score will be based on the IELTS test to know your English or French language capability, the minimum point is 6 while the maximum for the factor is 28 points.
- Job Experience: At least 3 years of job experience is needed, the scores vary depending on the years of job experience. The more years of experience the greater the score. This factor comes with a maximum of 15 points.
- Adaptability: Past job experience or study in Canada counts as well. This factor comes with a maximum of 10 points.
- Legit Employment Offer: Getting a job offer from a Canada based firm counts, it is not obligatory but you can get an extra point if you have an employment offer. This factor comes with a maximum of 10 points.
The minimum scored required to immigrate or apply for a Canada PR visa is 67 points out of a total of 100 points so you are required to get at least 67 points to apply for the Canada PR.
Benefits Of The Canada PR visa
- You can apply for Citizenship once you have a PR visa.
- You can live, work or study in any region or province of Canada.
- You are entitled to the protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom. This means you will be ensured with all the protection like a Canadian citizen.
- You have the right to invite your spouse, parents, offspring, and relative once you are settled in the country.
- Like a natural citizen, you will have access to all social security advantages like free education for the kids and medical health care services.
- You have automatic access to five-year multiple entry visas.
Being a permanent resident doesn’t guaranty you most rights and privileges similar to a Canadian citizen. There are some restrictions and some fundamental rights you are not allowed to:
What You Do Not Benefit Under The Canadian PR Visa.
- You can’t vote or run for a political post.
- You cannot gain employment for certain jobs that require a high-level security clearance.
I’m sure this article has explained that the Canada PR visa is one of the best visa types if you planning to immigrate, work and settle permanently in Canada.