The Chevening scholarship is a UK funded government scholarship that is awarded to foreign students who have and demonstrate leadership qualities and also have a good academic background. The scholarship is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and other partner organizations.
Chevening scholarship provides financial aid to study a master’s degree at any UK institution and the chance to be part of an influential international network of about 50,000 alumni. Chevening scholarship awards scholarship to 1500 eligible international students in the UK. Every eligible country has its own quota, countries like Brazil, Pakistan, UK, Nigeria, United States Kenya and many other countries are eligible.
Chevening UK government scholarship is hosted and awarded by the United Kingdom (UK). Are you an international student and dream to study in the UK, this is for you.
Field of Study/ Level:
The Chevening scholarship is for international students seeking to pursue their Master’s degree studies in the UK. You can also read this if you wish you study abroad, 10 major online admission interview questions and answers when applying for a scholarship.
Eligible Countries for Chevening Scholarship
The scholarship is hosted by the United Kingdom and these are the Countries Eligible for this scholarship in 2020.
Award Grant Offered by the Chevening Scholarship
The scholarship comes with a grant worth over £18,000. This is what many students want. The scholarship takes care of the following:
- Tuition fees
- Cost of living
- Travel expenses
- Visa costs
- Health test i.e. where necessary
The Chevening scholarship duration is for 12 months and it can be renewed for students who are already taking part in the package.
Do you want to be a Chevening scholar?
To become a Chevening scholar you will need to:
- Check if your country is eligible.
- Return to your birth country for at least 2 years after your award has ended.
- Must have an undergraduate degree that will aid you in gaining entry to a postgraduate program at a UK institution. This is identical to an upper second class 2:1 degree in the UK.
- Must have a minimum of two years of work experience apply to 3 different eligible UK institution courses and have gotten an unconditional offer from one of the choices by 13 July 2020.
- Must meet the Chevening English capability requirement by 13 July 2020.
In order to receive this award, all applicants must show that they have fulfilled the Chevening English language requirement. Taking more than one test is nice in order to meet the language capability requirement. Chevening accepts English language capability tests from five providers:
- TOEFL iBT
- Academic IELTS
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
- C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge English Advanced [CAE])
- Pearson PTE Academic
Countries that have English language exemptions in the scholarship application
Australia, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, The Bahamas, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Vincent and the Grenadines, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, Antigua and Barbuda Trinidad and Tobago, the United States of America, and British Overseas Territories.
Application for the Chevening scholarships 2020-2021
The application process is an online process. Invalidate any information about the offline application form. Applicants can use the online platform below to apply for the scholarship and they can also download the application form in PDF.
Applications for Chevening scholarship 2020/21 are already open between 12:00 BST on 6 August 2109 and 12:00 GMT on 6 November 2019. Visit the website for more information.
We Also Recommend:
- Kotzen Scholarship For Undergraduates at Simmons University in USA 2019
- Australia Awards Scholarships For 1,000 African Students With 3rd Class
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships For International Masters & Ph.D. Students 2020