Schwarzman Scholars scholarship for Masters study in China opens for applications for the 2020/2021 academic year to students who have initiative potential, entrepreneurial spirit.
They ought to likewise be able to foresee and follow up on emerging trends and opportunities, exemplary character, and passion to understand different cultures, points of view and positions.
All qualified applicants will have effectively finished their college degrees before enlistment also, must be proficient in English. Interested applicants will take part in a thorough and exhaustive selection process, intended to identify the most encouraging youthful leaders from around the globe. The procedure includes an online application and credential assessment as well as in-person regional interviews. Those chosen will have shown their capability to not just benefit from yet additionally add to the Schwarzman Scholars program.
Worth of The Schwarzman Scholars Scholarship
The students chosen to become Schwarzman Scholars will get a comprehensive scholarship. It will include:
- Education costs
- Lodging and board
- Travel to and from Beijing toward the start and end of the academic year
- An in-nation study tour
- Required course books and supplies
- Lenovo PC and smartphone
- Medical insurance
- An individual stipend of $4,000
With a $450 million blessing, Schwarzman Scholars will be the single biggest Philanthropic effort ever undertaken in China by largely international donors.
- Candidates who are presently enrolled in college degree programs must be on target to effectively complete all degree necessities before orientation starts. There are no requirements for a specific undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, however, it will be significant for candidates, notwithstanding undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help build up their leadership potential within their field.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be at least 18 yet not yet 29 years old as of August 1, 2020.
- English language proficiency. Candidates must show solid English abilities, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the candidate’s local language isn’t English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for candidates who learned at an undergraduate establishment where the primary language of teaching was English for a minimum of two years of the candidate’s academic program. The requirement will likewise be postponed for candidates who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s certificate level or higher. Acceptable test alternatives are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT)
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Method of Application
- Interested applicants take part in a thorough and exhaustive selection procedure, intended to identify the most encouraging youthful pioneers from around the globe.
- Those chosen will have exhibited their capability to deliver results within their own way culture and setting by motivating and managing groups and to not just benefit from yet additionally add to the Schwarzman Scholars program.
The procedure incorporates an online application and assessment just as in-person regional interview.
- Online application
- Resume (2-page maximum)
- Transcripts/Academic Records
- Essays (2)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Video (optional)
- Selection will be made in November 2020. Candidates with Chinese passport apply by May 2020, with selections made in September 2020. Review essential qualification requirements via the weblink below.
Applicants who hold passports or permanent resident cards from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao, regardless of where they attended university or reside, will apply between January 1 and May 31, 2020, through the China application portal. If the candidates were to apply via the U.S./Global system with a Hong Kong permanent resident card, he or she runs the risk of losing the permanent resident card.
The selection process for Chinese nationals shares the same principles as the U.S. and Global process and includes an online application and in-person interview at Tsinghua University in Beijing early summer 2020.
Applicants will be notified as soon as admissions decisions are reached, by October 1, 2020, at the latest.
We Also Recommend: