Sciences Po and Freie University Berlin are inviting applications for the Stephen M. Kellen Scholarship for Undergraduate students in France and Germany in 2020.
The Stephen M. Kellen Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship designed to attract the brightest and most deserving students to the Dual BA program between Sciences Po and Freie University Berlin.
It encourages promising young individuals to commit to Europe by giving them the keys to law, economics, history, political science, and sociology; the opportunity to speak at least three languages; and the ability to navigate in both German and French cultures.
Worth of The Stephen M. Kellen Scholarship
The Stephen M. Kellen scholarship covers;
- Two years of educational cost at Sciences Po,
- In addition to a living allowance of $6.000/year for the two years spent on Sciences Po’s French-German European Campus in Nancy,
- A living allowance of $7.000/year for the two years spent at the Otto-Suhr-Institute of Freie University.
To be qualified;
- The applicants must be admitted to Sciences Po’s dual BA with Freie University Berlin.
- The Scholarship is awarded to a student who exemplifies the values promoted by Stephen M. Kellen:
- Excellence – as reflected in academic achievement
- Vision – as demonstrated through a written submission on a selected topic
- Generosity – as shown in a commitment to service to others
Method of Application
Candidates must send the following to [email protected], before the deadline.
- Completed application form
- Personal statement. Considering Kellen’s commitment to Berlin, please describe your motivation to study in the city of Berlin (1,000 words) in English
- Essay on “Populism and Democracy in Europe”. Please develop a guiding question that problematizes the issue and focuses your essay (2,000 words) in English
The Application deadline is June 30, 2020.