Maria Curie-Skłodowska University(UMCS) is inviting applications for the UMCS Full Tuition Waiver Scholarship for International Students for the 2020/2021 academic session.
If you are socially active, like engaging in various projects and developing your skills for academic community – they would like to present you with an exceptional offer!
They are currently looking for creative and talented people with remarkable artistic, scientific, social and sporting achievements.
Starting from April 2020, UMCS launches a III edition of the program for international students who are interested in studying in Poland and eager to apply for academic courses with a full tuition waiver. Within the system of the above-mentioned initiative, prepared by their University, each of 12 faculties provides places with the full tuition waiver scholarships. Among said faculties there are eight courses offered in English including: International Relations (BA), International Relations (MA), Tourism Management (BSc), Intercultural Communication in Education and Workplace (MA), Graphic Arts (MA), Education and Therapy (MA), Medical Biology (BA) and Business Analytics (BA), which provide an opportunity for such scholarship.
Worth of the UMCS Full Tuition Waiver Scholarship
- Full tuition waiver scholarship;
- Opportunity to participate in integrative events with students’ organizations;
- Chance to gain valuable experience within the ranks of students’ organizations which cover various areas of interest.
- Opportunity to organize events on different topics e.g. presenting the applicant’s country of origin and many others;
- Chance to be an active part of the social media sphere of the University;
- Psychological, educational and career counselling;
- Opportunity to participate in trainings organized by Competence & Career Development Office at UMCS which aim to develop social and professional skills of students;
- Chance for development of applicant’s own interest with the aid of thematic organizations in Lublin;
- Opportunity to benefit from conveniences prepared within the framework of Program for Graduates.
- Personal questionnaire generated from the Online Application System
- Confirmation that the applicant has a fluent command of English language.
- Original/duplicate of certificate of secondary education (in the case of applying for bachelor studies) or original/duplicate of bachelor diploma (in the case of applying for 2nd degree master studies) as well as a recognition certificate issued by a Board of Education in Lublin or any other board of education adequate for the place of residence of the person applying for the recognition certificate.
- Insurance policy, European Health Insurance Card or the applicant’s obligation to join a health insurance in National Health Fund. Immediately after starting education at UMCS.
- According to repatriation regulations, a foreigner of Polish origin can be insured by UMCS.
- Medical certificate (clean bill of health) establishing that there are no contraindications for the candidate to start education on the Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology or Faculty of Chemistry.
- A copy of a passport (the page with a photograph and a number), visa or temporary residence card or other document qualifying the applicants for staying within the territory of the Republic of Poland.
- One current ID card-style 35×45 mm photographs.
- Confirmation of registration fee payment.
Method of Application
An applicant should fill the application form, add copies (scans) of diplomas and certificates confirming their previous engagement in social and voluntary activities as well as contests in various areas of interests.
After the submission of application, an applicant will receive detailed information regarding the date of a scheduled Applicant’s Interview. The interview will be conducted via Skype and divided into two parts:
- A short interview in English to determine the applicant’s language proficiency level;
- A short interview regarding applicant’s extra-curricular activities
- All the applications will be thoroughly examined by the Selection Committee.
- The announcement of the results is planned respectively for: 17th July – first/second-cycle studies (BA – Bachelor’s degree, MA – Master’s degree)
Following the announcement of results the applicants granted with the UMCS full tuition waiver scholarship are expected to:
- Submit a full set of documents
- The University representatives shall contact the applicants granted with the UMCS full tuition waiver scholarship to determine the rules and principles of further cooperation between them and the University.
The Applications deadline is June 30, 2020.