Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada 2020: Applications are requested from suitably qualified candidates for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada for the 2020 application cycle. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally who possess the potential to positively contribute to the economic, social, and research-based growth advancement of the country.
The Fellowship seeks to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, develop their potential as well as position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow. Being awarded the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada will afford the researcher the opportunity to sharpen his/her research skills and also have access to modern facilities and equipment required for robust research work.
Brief Description of The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada
- Fellowship Host(s): Canadian Government
- Location of Fellowship: Canada
- Fellowship level: Postdoctoral
- Worth of Fellowship: $70,000 annually for two years
- Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at any host institution.
- Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for domestic and international students.
To be considered for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants can be citizens of Canada or any other country across the world who is passionate about training as a postdoctoral candidate in Canada.
- Candidates must have obtained relevant bachelor’s and master’s degrees from a recognized university across the world.
- Applicants must have prior knowledge about research with proven track record attested to by a scholarly publication.
- Applicants should be proficient in the use of the English language and must also demonstrate strong leadership ability.
- Candidates must be willing to abide by the regulations governing the conduct of fellows at the host universities.
Method of Application
Applicants are to begin the application by seeking endorsement from the host institution, prepare and submit the application as different host institutions may have internal deadlines. Applicants are to ensure that they attach relevant supporting documents to their application and submit the same before the application deadline.
Fellowships are distributed equally among the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR); the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council(NSERC); the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The Application deadline is on October 1st, 2020