King & Amy O’Malley Trust Scholarships: Outstanding and qualified international students who showcase high academic prowess are hereby invited to apply for the King & Amy O’Malley Trust Scholarships at the Edith Cowan University for the 2020/2021 academic session.
King & Amy O’Malley Trust Scholarships are a yearly undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships for students enrolled in or applying for tertiary Home Economics or related areas (e.g. Family Studies, Consumer Science, Food and Nutrition or Teacher education in these fields). There are 30 scholarships available annually and since 1986 when the scholarship was first awarded there have been hundreds of successful scholars who have benefited from the scholarship and been successful in their careers in the discipline. The scholarship offers a payment of $7,500 for postgraduate students and $5,000 for undergraduates.
The undergraduate and Postgraduate level scholarship which is sponsored by Edith Cowan University, Australia is worth $5,000 for undergraduates and $7,500 for postgraduates per annum. The Scholarship is to be taken at Edith Cowan University, Australia and is open to only international students. Applicant’s subject eligibility are home economics courses (e.g. Family Studies, Consumer Science, Food and Nutrition or Teacher education). It is also a tuition award type of scholarship.
Eligibility and Criteria for Selection
Applicants are expected to have the following criteria to be eligible for the Edith Cowan University King & Amy O’Malley Trust Scholarships
- Candidates must be an international student.
- The award is available for Undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered at the University.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time Undergraduate and postgraduate degree at Edith Cowan University.
- Candidates must be intending to undertake full-time study in the following year in a program in Home Economics or equivalent which conforms to the criteria for an ‘eligible program’ as determined by the Managing Trustees;
- For postgraduate applications, candidates should have obtained an undergraduate award in a suitable program in Home Economics or equivalent and must be intending to undertake full time or part-time study in the following year in a postgraduate program deemed eligible by the Managing Trustees;
- Candidates are to make a statement of professional goals and must demonstrate clear intentions to work in the field of Home Economics and to make a professional contribution to the field;
- Interested applicants who are citizens of another country living in Australia, will be required to provide proof of intention to remain a permanent resident in Australia; and
- If studying overseas, will be required to agree to return to Australia within 6 months of completing your program of study.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Macquarie University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements
Application Procedures for the Edith Cowan University King & Amy O’Malley Trust Scholarships
Awards are made for a one year approved study program and scholarship holders may apply annually for awards for up to a total of 3 years of full-time study. Applications are to be made on the Application Form on the O’Malley Trust website.
Once completed your application must be printed, signed and sent by post to O’Malley Trust Office, PO Box 120, Camberwell, Victoria 3124 Australia
Deadline for Application
The deadline for the Edith Cowan University King & Amy O’Malley Trust Scholarships is August 31 2020
For further enquires, visit the official website.