Applications for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship Program 2020/21 are now open. The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung provides scholarships to international masters students and graduates to enable study and research at universities in Germany. This way, intercultural dialogue is actively promoted, an international network is initiated and universities and sciences are internationalized.
Presently, their scholars come from 55 countries of the world. Their subjects are various: law, sciences, music and medicine, just to name a few.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation, motivated by Christian democratic values, devoted to boosting democracy and the rule of law, to implementing social and market-economic structures and to promoting human rights in Europe and worldwide. Per these standards, our Foundation awards scholarships to international master students and graduates to enable study and research at universities in Germany. This way, intercultural dialogue is actively promoted, an international network is initiated and universities and sciences are internationalized.
After completing their program in Germany, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung expects its former scholars to engage actively in the development of their home country’s relations with the Federal Republic of Germany.
Worth of Scholarship
The scholarship program comprises of:
- Monetary aid.
- Personal guidance
- A wide seminar program
- Access to worldwide KAS-network.
After completing their program, the scholars remain in contact with their alumni and involve them in our national and international activities.
Eligibility and Criteria for Selection
- The Scholarship Program for International Students is focused on international students and graduates who have acquired a university degree and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay of at least three semesters at a university in Germany.
- You should be able to tender proof of above-average academic performance and have excellent knowledge of the German language (B2)
- Applicants should not be more than 30 years old when applying.
- Possess broad general education and distinct interest in political issues
- Have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights.
- You should have been actively engaged in voluntary work for the benefit of the people and the society in your home country.
- Applicants must have completed their degree program, as we do not provide support for bachelor studies,
- Have an above-average academic performance,
- Applicants must not be more than 30 years old when applying.
- They must have a good knowledge of the German language (B2-level),
- Applicants must be actively engaged in voluntary work,
- Plan to study a minimum of three semesters at a university in Germany,
- Should have a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues,
- Should have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights,
- Applicants should be open to growing their points of view and practice tolerance,
- Should be highly driven and able to convince us of their targets in life.
- Students in Medicine or Pharmacy can only apply after completing their intermediate exam in Germany or when having achieved a comparable stage of their studies.
- Human or dental medicine specialist training or postgraduate research stays in Germany cannot be supported.
- Interested persons who have already obtained their doctorate are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship Program 2020 for International Students to study/research in Germany
Applications for the scholarship can be carried out in two ways.
Each year new focus countries or regions are determined for our selection procedures. In 2020 the focus regions will be Central Europe, Southeast Asia, Near East and Western Africa. Interviews will be done in Budapest, Seoul, Amman and a capital city in a West African country (yet to be decided). If you are residing in a country or region close to these cities, you may send your written application directly to the responsible KAS office – please check their websites for the exact process and addressee. Interested students who are not residing in the listed countries cannot apply for the international selection process in 2020.
Interested individuals already living or studying in Germany are welcome to apply for a scholarship through the domestic selection program using the online procedure. Please complete the application form online and upload all required application documents. Please do not send in any documents by mail as these will not be considered.
Deadline for Application
The application period ends on July 15th (noon) every year for the domestic procedure.
Click here to apply for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship Program 2020 for International Students to study/research in Germany.
For further enquires, visit Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung.