The MTN Foundation (MTNF) is delighted to announce the commencement of the application process for the MTN Foundation scholarship for undergraduate students for the academic session. The scholarship offers financial aid to outstanding students who are unable to pay for their tertiary education and also seeks to identify and reward academic excellence.
The scholarship is renewed every year until the students graduate from tertiary institutions provided they can maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent throughout their period of study. New applications are welcome from students on full-time studies in their second year of study. The MTN Foundation scholarship is an undergraduate level scholarship worth N 200,000 annually. The scholarship is open to Nigerians in Nigerian tertiary institutions.
Brief Description of the MTN Foundation Scholarship
Host Institution/Organization: MTN Foundation
Location of Scholarship: All Recognized Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
Scholarship Type: Financial Aid
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate
Worth of Scholarship: #200,000 Anually
Subject Eligibility: See Eligible Courses Below
Country/Applicant Eligibility: Nigerians
Eligibility and Criteria for Selection
Interested applicants who wish to be considered for the MTN Foundation Scholarship for Undergraduate Students 2020/21 must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Public University, Polytechnic and College of Education in Nigeria and their second year (200 level).
- Applicants in their second year of study must possess a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1).
- Direct entry students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from their respective OND programme and must have been admitted into the second year in a public university.
- Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/Computational Modelling
- Pure/Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
Qualified candidates will be shortlisted for an assessment test. They will be required to come with two recent passport photographs and original and photocopy of the documents listed below:
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Valid Student Identity Card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International Passport or Driver’s license
- Admission letter for the HND programme (Polytechnic students only)
How to Apply for the MTN Foundation Scholarship for Undergraduate Students 2020/21
Applications are to be completed online and all required documents are to be submitted before the application deadline.
Deadline for Application
The MTN Foundation Scholarship for Undergraduate Students 2020/21 application will be ending on July 21 2020
For more enquires, visit the official website
DISCLAIMER: astrolake.com is only a scholarship, immigration and education website. We do not own the scholarships and immigration/education news published on our platform unless stated otherwise, neither can we influence the institution’s decision to offer a scholarship to any applicant. What we do is make verified scholarships available for interested applicants to apply for their preferred scholarship via our platform.