Interested and outstanding applicants who are qualified are called to apply for the PhD Studentship-Marie Sklodowska-Curie Early Stage Researchers in the Department of Engineering to work on the “TEAMAero” European Training Network (ETN) project. The focus of the project is to explore the supersonic flow separation by determining the effect of corner separations on global flowfield unsteadiness as well as explore the potential of flow control to mitigate the adverse corner effects.
The PhD scholarship will avail the lucky candidate the opportunity to study and research in a first-class institution of higher learning using state-of-the-art facilities and monetary aid. The University of Cambridge is known over time to add to society through the pursuit for education, learning and exploration at the most elevated international levels of excellence.
Brief Details of The PhD Scholarships in Engineering at Cambridge
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Cambridge
Scholarship Location: United Kingdom
Level of Scholarship: PhD
Worth of Scholarship: Full tuition fees, €3870 monthly allowance and other allowances
Subject Eligibility: Engineering
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for international students.
Eligibility and Criteria for Selection
Applicants who wish to be considered for the PhD Scholarships in Engineering at University of Cambridge 2020 must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have obtained a Masters degree in Aerospace Engineering or Physics with a second class upper (2:1) or it’s equivalent.
- Candidates must have significant prior experience in experimental aerodynamics, a thorough knowledge of gas dynamics and expertise in high-speed flows.
- Applicants must have outstanding verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Applicants must be willing to comply with EC’s mobility requirement for ITN ESRs and must not have lived in the UK for more than 12 months in the last three years.
- Candidates must at the time of award by the host institution be in the first four years of their research careers and not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Applicants must be willing to undertake cross -border mobility when accepting the offer and when participating in secondments.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the rules and regulations governing the conducts of students at the University of Cambridge.
How to Apply for the PhD Scholarships in Engineering at Cambridge University 2020
Applicants are to apply online through the University of Cambridge Applicant Portal with Professor Babinsky identified as the potential supervisor. Please ensure that all information provided is correct and attach relevant supporting documents.
All procedures for applying for this scholarship must be completed before July 3 2020.
For more enquires, visit the official page.