The University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship: The University of Alberta is a public research university situated in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The University of Alberta is one of Canada’s top teaching and research universities, with an international reputation for excellence across the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering, and health sciences.
The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit superior students at the doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
Worth of The University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship
Scholarships will be offered in increments of $5,000. The department may decide how many increments of $5,000 to offer a student. The award value varies and is indicated in the original letter of offer.
The scholarship will be awarded to students who:
- Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or students on a study permit
- Are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department or transferred from a master’s to a doctoral degree program
- Will be registered full-time in a doctoral degree program
- Have an admission GPA of at least 3.5
Note that departments might have additional selection criteria; for more information, students are to consult the department into which they seek admission.
Method of Application
There is no application form; eligible students are considered on the recommendation of the admitting department. Students cannot apply for this scholarship. Students are to contact their admitting department for additional information.
Nomination deadlines for The University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship are based on start dates and are as follows:
- For students with a May 1, 2020 start date, the deadline is April 15, 2020.
- For candidates with a July 1, 2020 start date, the deadline is May 1, 2020.
- Candidates with a September 1, 2020 start date, the deadline is July 2, 2020.
- For students with a January 1, 2021 start date, the deadline is November 2, 2020.
Note: Any changes to an original nomination must also be received by the above-specified dates.