The University of Otago is thrilled to announce that it is offering the Vice-Chancellor’s funding for students who showcase outstanding academic achievements and wish to acquire higher education in New Zealand.
This scholarship is focused on acknowledging and honouring academic excellence, diversity, and leadership potential. To be successful, candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate programme at the University of Otago.
The University of Otago offers a wide area of graduate, postgraduate, and PhD programmes to more than 20,000 students. It is a research-led university that has a good reputation on the international level for excellence. It is home to many leading researchers. The university provides a high-quality educational experience for its students and students can take advantage of lots of careers and educational opportunities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Otago
Scholarships Location: New Zealand
Type of Scholarship: Tuition award
Level of Scholarship: Undergraduate
Worth of Scholarship: NZ$5,000 for tuition fees
Subject Eligibility: All courses offered at the university.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students.
Eligibility and Criteria for Selection
Interested applicants who wish to be considered eligible for the Vice-Chancellor’s funding for International Students at University of Otago, New Zealand must meet the following criteria;
- Applications are accepted nationwide.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree programme in various fields.
- Applicants must be in their final year of secondary school overseas or in New Zealand achieving a University Entrance qualification equivalent to NZQA Level 3, or
- Must have gained entrance to the University of Otago and are intending to enrol for full-time study in an undergraduate degree programme.
- Applicants must have obtained admission into the University of Otago and have intentions to enrol for a full-time study in an undergraduate degree programme.
How to Apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s funding for International Students at University of Otago, New Zealand
- There is no need for a formal application if the applicant has been offered admission in an applicable course. Candidates with admission will be selected automatically.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates should be able to provide the following documents: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have obtained a high school diploma to take admission in a bachelor degree programme at the university.
- Language Requirement: The university accepts the following tests for bachelor degree programme:
- Duolingo English Test (DET) with the following scores
- IELTS Indicator test
- TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
- GCE A or AS English Language, Literature in English, Language and Literature in English
- GCE AS level General Paper
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic