Mastercard Foundation in collaboration with the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) is pleased to announce the offer of the Mastercard Foundation-RUFORUM Scholarships 2021 for Africans to develop and build their capacity in agriculture.
The scholarships target academically deserving yet economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities and those coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa. The scholarships are tenable at Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda.
Scholarship Host: Mastercard Foundation and RUFORUM
Scholarship Location: Kenya and Uganda
Scholarship Slots: 30
Worth of Scholarship: Scholarship worth is below
Subject Eligibility: Courses in Agriculture
Country Eligibility: African Nationals
Requirement For The Mastercard Foundation-RUFORUM Scholarships
To be eligible for the Mastercard Foundation-RUFORUM Scholarships 2021 for Africans:
- Applicants must be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota
- Applicants must be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota.
- Be from economically disadvantaged, marginalised communities, coming from conflict and post conflict areas.
- Candidates must be less than 30 years by the deadline of the application.
- Applicants should meet the admission criteria to eligible programs in their universities of choice.
- Candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree in relevant subject from a recognized university.
- Applicants must demonstrate interest in agriculture, agricultural value chains and rural development.
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to community engagement and transformation.
Worth of Scholarship
- Comprehensive scholarship package
- Leadership development
- Life skills support
- Entrepreneurship training and mentorship
Method of Application
Interested applicants for the Mastercard Foundation-RUFORUM Scholarships 2021 for Africans are to apply to only one university of choice. For admission into Gulu University, applicants are to fill and submit their admission form online. For admission into Egerton University, applicants are to fill and submit their admission form.
Applications form for the scholarship can be downloaded from the following websites: RUFORUM (http://www.ruforum.org/MCF/); Gulu University website http://www.gu.ac.ug and Egerton University (http://www.egerton.ac.ke).
Applicants are to submit both the scholarship application form and the university admission application form at the same time. Applications can be submitted in hard copy or by email attachment to the program coordinators in the University of choice:
Academic Registrar, Gulu University
Awich Road, Laroo Division, Gulu Municipality
P.O.Box 166 Gulu, Uganda
Email: [email protected]
Prof. Nancy W. Mungai
TAGDev Program Cordinator
TAGDev office, Physics Block 1st floor
Email: [email protected]
- Academic certificates for applicants wishing to study at Gulu.
- Those applying to Egerton must attach to the application form a passport size photo, copy of national ID/Passport, Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts.
The application deadline for this scholarship is on the 31st March 2021 at 17:00 Hours