The Flanders Master Mind Scholarships aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as top study destinations. The Flemish Ministry of Education awards scholarships for master’s programs in Flanders and Brussels to outstanding students from around the world.
Brief Description of the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
Host Organization: Multi Universities and College (Check below)
Scholarship Location: Belgium, Europe
Course Level: Masters Degree
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Worth of Award: €8,200 plus a tuition fee waiver per academic year.
Number of Awards: 30
Application Deadline: 15 Mar/30 Apr 2021 (annual)
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts
HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts
KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts
LUCA School of Arts
PXL University College
Level/Field of study
Eligible Masters Degree Programmes offered at participating Flemish Institutions except for preparatory programs; bridging programs; or distance learning.
International students from all countries. There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2), USA (5).
Worth of Awards/Duration
Flanders Master Mind Scholarships include a grant of €8,200 plus a tuition fee waiver per academic year. Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee. The Flemish Host Institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of a maximum of €111.9 per year.
The duration of mobility is one academic year for a Master program of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master program of 120 ECTS.
- The applicant applies to take up a Master’s degree program at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
• The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0.
• The student has a good knowledge of the English language (please check the official website for the specific requirements)
• The student has to be accepted by the Host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the Host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships program, this criterion applies.
• All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
• Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
See the full eligibility criteria at the official website (link found below).
Method of Application for the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
Students cannot apply directly. The application needs to be submitted online by the Flemish host institution. The deadline for applications is 30 April 2021. You must check the internal deadlines set by the Flemish Host Institution, which varies and falls between 1 February-15 March 2021.
It is important to read the How to Apply page and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more information, visit the Official Scholarship Website: